How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?
- Asked by Gustavo & Ceci R from Mississauga
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?)
3 Answers from the Community
I do not own a mac mini but I have seen this done many times in retail stores that want to show off the versatility of such a small desktop. The mac mini has two video outputs: a mini-display port and a mini-DVI port. The mini-display port is the same one you find on the current generation macbook, macbook pros (as well as the Mac Pro) and the Mini-DVI is the same as the on the old black/white macbook. I do not know why apple decided to go with two different adapter types but it works just the same as you will need two separate adapters to use two displays anyway. From there, you just buy two "dongles" (display adapters) which hook up to your respective screen input jacks (VGA or DVI) and you're set!
- Answered by Ben S from Golden
- Oct 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My son is using the Mac Mini with two 23 in screens.
There is no problem at all, you only need to use a simple adapter with each port - one adapter comes in fact with the Mac.
- Answered by Adrian O from State College
- Sep 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I need this adapter!, but what I have noticed is on the back of my mac mini (I think its 2010) There is minidisplay, AND HDMI, so one is HDMI, the other is MINIDISPLAY, i dont know if this works, but im guessing it does!
- Answered by Janet K from Winterport
- May 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Use HDTV as a monitor with a mac mini?
- Asked by - T from Davis
- May 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Use HDTV as a monitor with a mac mini?)
- Asked about: Mac