could I connect my mac via mini diplay port too my my 42 inch hd plasma tv?
I"m considering buying a mini mac and sitting it under my plasma while using a wireless keyboard,is this set up possble???
- Asked by Gary H from Glasgow
- Oct 17, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (could I connect my mac via mini diplay port too my my 42 inch hd plasma tv?)
4 Answers from the Community
Totally possible. I am running my new 13" macbook pro into my Samsung 42" HDTV using the mini display port adapter, and a DVI to HDMI cable I bought an apple keyboard w/number pad, hooked up my Logitech MX Revolution wireless mouse.....whallah....42" of Mac. Works absolutely fantastic.
For those of you who want to do this with a macbook......start with the TV off, I open the Macbook press the power button, then immediately close it all the way. Next turn on the TV. and you should be set. I use my laptop as a "desktop" literally everyday. When I do need to go somewhere however, I pull a few wires and walk out the door. The nice thing is, that i am not wearing out the keyboard and the laptop screen when i am hooked up to the flatscreen tv. the life of my macbook LCD screen will be extended ten fold.
Hope this helped.
- Answered by Eric M from Uniontown
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, assuming you still have an HDMI slot open, you can get best quality by purchasing an hdmi-hdmi chord and then connecting it from the port on the back of your T.V to a HDMI -> (to either display port) adapter. I have it set up on my Sony Bravia and it works great.
- Answered by Robby C from Roswell
- Oct 18, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
To be able to play HD content (from iTunes and so on) you HAVE to use the mini-display port to HDMI method.... or else HD content won't play back...
DVI won't carry the HDCP signal and you get a black screen...
- Answered by James R
- Nov 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have connected my Mac Mini to my 50' plasma (Philips). What an experience, I dont seem to be able to get the sound though, I listen to my desktop speakers, will have to play about I reckon. All in all a wonderful experience.
- Answered by Francis J
- Jan 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I have a MacBook late 2009. I would like to connect via the Mini DisplayPort to a Panasonic 2003 plasma TV screen via the VGA socket. Would it work?
- Asked by Ziya K
- Nov 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook late 2009. I would like to connect via the Mini DisplayPort to a Panasonic 2003 plasma TV screen via the VGA socket. Would it work?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
I there a way to connect the iPad to TV via HDMI cable.
- Asked by Kd B from Del Norte
- Feb 17, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I there a way to connect the iPad to TV via HDMI cable.)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
Is there a cord for my late 2012 iMac to be able to connect it to a television?
- Asked by Keith C from Warrensburg
- Aug 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a cord for my late 2012 iMac to be able to connect it to a television?)
- Asked about: Mac