Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable
- Asked by Gaurov N from Arlington
- Mar 24, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect my Mac Book Air(with mini display port) to 30 inch Apple cinema display? with this cable)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can. I connect my MacBook Pro to a 42" flatscreen TV.
I have never used this cable, but still disagree with the other answer concerning pixilation. I had a similar pixilation problem, and I was writing furious blogs to Mac. But then I discovered that in System Preferences you can reconfigure the "Energy Saver" "Graphics" setting to "highest performance". I haven't had the problem since....It was not a cable issue.
There is an external video problem when your MAC is set for "better battery life", but there are two power configurations: "Battery" and "Power Adapter". I set the Power Adapter setting to "Highest Performance" and the "Battery" to "Better battery life". When I use my external display, I plug in the power adapter.
I am not the sharpest tool in the computer shed so if you can take your mac to an apple store and try it out first to validate, do it. And I bet you dollars to doughnuts or pounds to peanuts that you can duplicate the problem on an Apple display and fix it with the above configuration changes.
- Answered by Sean P from Folly Beach
- Apr 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes and no. This is the cable Apple sells for that purpose, but the cable is known to have problems. So, yes, it's the right cable, and no, it often doesn't work well (in my case, I get the usual pixilation problem, and once every day or so I have to select a different resolution, then swap back to the original resolution, to make the pixilation go away).
- Answered by Keith B from Lincoln
- Mar 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is it possible to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display 27inch to Mini Mac mini display port? Version from 2010, that doesn't have thunderbolt output?
- Asked by Petar B from Beograd
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect Apple Thunderbolt Display 27inch to Mini Mac mini display port? Version from 2010, that doesn't have thunderbolt output?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
mac mini 2008 to new cinema display?
- Asked by Brian K
- Jul 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (mac mini 2008 to new cinema display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet
Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only?
- Asked by Gary S from Vacaville
- Nov 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2.0 m) - W…