How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?
- Asked by Gustavo & Ceci R from Mississauga
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the Mac Mini with two monitors?)
5 Answers from the Community
I do not own a mac mini but I have seen this done many times in retail stores that want to show off the versatility of such a small desktop. The mac mini has two video outputs: a mini-display port and a mini-DVI port. The mini-display port is the same one you find on the current generation macbook, macbook pros (as well as the Mac Pro) and the Mini-DVI is the same as the on the old black/white macbook. I do not know why apple decided to go with two different adapter types but it works just the same as you will need two separate adapters to use two displays anyway. From there, you just buy two "dongles" (display adapters) which hook up to your respective screen input jacks (VGA or DVI) and you're set!
- Answered by Ben S from Golden
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My son is using the Mac Mini with two 23 in screens.
There is no problem at all, you only need to use a simple adapter with each port - one adapter comes in fact with the Mac.
- Answered by Adrian O from State College
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have MacMini 2014 with two 27" monitors ASUS PB278 (it has display port)
For 1920 x 1080 connect mini display port to DVI or HDMI.
For 2560 x 1440 connect mini display port to display port*.
*Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt™ Port Compatible) to DisplayPort Cable in Black 6 Feet - 4K Resolution Ready
- Answered by Kenji U from Whitestone
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I have connected 2 1920x1080 monitors to the 2013 Mac Mini. My Mac mini has only 1 thunderbolt port. I have 1 monitor connected via a Thunderbolt to HDMI cable. The second one is connected via USB and a Diamond DisplayLink connector to the HDMI of the other monitor. It works well. (I haven't upgrade to Yosemite, still running Mavericks ) .
- Answered by Sharad H from Jersey City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I need this adapter!, but what I have noticed is on the back of my mac mini (I think its 2010) There is minidisplay, AND HDMI, so one is HDMI, the other is MINIDISPLAY, i dont know if this works, but im guessing it does!
- Answered by Janet K from Winterport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Can I use my imac as a monitor with mac mini?
- Asked by Irene Y from Orinda
- Oct 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my imac as a monitor with mac mini?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet