I touch-type at 70-80 words per minute. Has anyone who works this quickly found the flattened profile of the new keyboard difficult to adapt to?
- Asked by Lesley C from Grose Vale
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I touch-type at 70-80 words per minute. Has anyone who works this quickly found the flattened profile of the new keyboard difficult to adapt to?)
8 Answers from the Community
I personally have been using this keyboard since its release. I used the very clunky previous version of Apple's keyboard, and I was VERY used to its format. This very thin model did take me about 1-2 weeks to get used to. Now that I have used this model for a few years, I CANNOT use any other keyboard. The thinness really improves your typing speed by quite a lot. (The keys press down 1mm instead of the clunky 6-7mm of the original) So little effort is required to type, you'll actually FLY across the keyboard! I would personally recommend a switch to this from any keyboard, PC or Mac.
- Answered by Spencer S from Houston
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I'm in the 60-65 wpm category and while there was a transition period (at first it was very weird), I'm now a complete convert. When I have to use other keyboards now, my speed slows dramatically! Those other keys are simply too clunky now that I'm used to the low profile keys of this keyboard. Highly recommended!
- Answered by Tracy H from Fayetteville
- Oct 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I type at about 65 wpm and i use a macbook, which has the same profile keys. they work fine for me.
- Answered by Nicholas L from Portland
- Oct 22, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It's all personal preferences. Personally, I think it is easier to type on. It is also a lot smaller and quieter than most other keyboards.
- Answered by Casey B from Vernon Hills
- Oct 21, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
i don't know my wpm, but i quite like the low-profile keys
- Answered by Paul K from South Elgin
- Oct 23, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
When I set out to buy a Macbook years ago the only thing holding me back was the feel of (what was then) the new 'chicklet' keyboard. I didn't like it and felt as though it would slow me down, and keep me from doing any serious amount of typing. However, on one of my visits to the store I actually tested my typing speed, and I was surprised to see that I was at 45WPM, far higher than I thought I would be (~30WMP). To make a long story short, I got used to the feel within a few weeks (as another posted noted), and now I'm very fast on the flat keyboard, and (unfortunately) have become slow on traditional (long stroke) ones.
- Answered by Vincent L from Richmond Hill
- Jan 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
When I first purchased this Keyboard as a replacement for my original iMac Keyboard I will say that I wasn't sure that I would be able to use it... It felt awkward at first and It took a couple of weeks of getting used to but now I hate to use anything else (I even purchased one with my own $ for my work PC). The lower profile and key setup actually makes it easier to type on... It will be a shock at first but I guarantee that within a week or so you will love it!!!
- Answered by Ryan M from Atlanta
- Jan 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
- Answered by Robbie P
- Apr 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
Has anyone found a way to get this to work with a 2009 Infiniti?
- Asked by Charles H from Knoxville
- Nov 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone found a way to get this to work with a 2009 Infiniti?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
How long does it take for it to recharge? Similar to when you plug it in with an adapter — about 1% per minute?
- Asked by Eric C from Morgan Hill
- May 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does it take for it to recharge? Similar to when you plug it in with an adapter — about 1% per minute?)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Reserve External …
Will it work with my ipod touch 3rd generation 32 gb to navigate songs in my car audio ( VW Golf Match ) ?Will menu show on the audio screen ?
- Asked by Chit H
- May 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with my ipod touch 3rd generation 32 gb to navigate songs in my car audio ( VW Golf Match ) ?Will menu show on the audio screen ?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote