Can you program the F16, 17, 18, and 19 keys to pop up a calculator?
- Asked by Samuel P R from Bethlehem
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you program the F16, 17, 18, and 19 keys to pop up a calculator?)
2 Answers from the Community
There is a calculator available in the "Dashboard" functionality in OS-X, which is accessed via the F-13 key.
- Answered by Justin G from Woodburn
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Go to the Apple symbol at the top left of your screen, click it.
System Preferences will be the 4th item down the list, click it.
Look for the Hardware line of icons that appears, click Keyboard.
Click Keyboard Shortcuts.
On the left side of the window, notice Application Shortcuts, click it.
Look for a + sign in the lower third of the window, click it to add an application. The applications window will appear, look for and select Calculator.
Type Calculator (or some name you prefer to reference Calculator) in the Menu Title cell.
Select the Keyboard Shortcut cell and press the F16 (or 17, 18, 19 key) to select it as your shortcut to Calculator.
Close System Preferences and you are done!
- Answered by David S from Halifax
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can the function keys be programmed?
- Asked by Robert S from Houston
- Feb 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the function keys be programmed?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
No answers yet
Why is the bag smaller then the specs gave for it? Said 19x17x6 really is 11.5x17x5
- Asked by Cole P from Columbus
- Dec 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Why is the bag smaller then the specs gave for it? Said 19x17x6 really is 11.5x17x5)
- Asked about: MICHAEL Michael Kors 15" Jet Set Tr…