Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?
I love this keyboard and do not like the basic logictech keyboard that I am provided with at work. My company does not use Apple products; however, I would like to buy an Apple keyboard (wired with numeric keypad) and use it with my PC at work. Is this possible without having system adminstrator permissions on my PC?
- Asked by Mike G from St Albert
- May 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?)
1 Answer from the Community
It should work fine, unless you want the secondary functions of the "F keys" to work - without Boot Camp software, the volume keys will not operate, for example.
Older versions of Boot Camp support software will work on some generic Windows PCs - I've had good luck with 3.1 and 3.3, I believe, but you should not at any point install a 4.# or 5.# version - they do not uninstall cleanly, and you cannot downgrade to the functional 3.x branch without reinstalling windows.
If all you want is a nice keyboard with short-throw buttons, then it'll work great and the only thing you give up is the rarely-used "ins" key; a "function" key replaces it.
- Answered by Ian G from Winter Park
- Mar 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this Apple remote work with Windows 7?
- Asked by Juang J
- May 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this Apple remote work with Windows 7?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet
Will this work with a Windows 7 PC
- Asked by Daniel T from London
- Mar 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a Windows 7 PC)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers