will any usb extension charge the ipad with the ipad adapter?
- Asked by Ron M from Auburn
- Apr 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (will any usb extension charge the ipad with the ipad adapter?)
2 Answers from the Community
Unfortunately, contrary to what the earlier responder said, not all USB extension cords will work with my early 2014 iPad Mini. I have four cords from various manufacturers acquired over the years, and only one of them works—and I've tried all of them plugged into the stock 12W iPad charger. The one that works is a 3-foot thin-gauge cord (same diameter as the Lightning cord) that's white and looks like part of the Apple family, though it's not branded; I don't recall where I got it. It's possible (just speculating) that the other cords are USB1 instead of USB2??
- Answered by Troy H from Santa Barbara
- Dec 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, it will. Just make sure the cable is connected to a high-power USB port.
- Answered by Myst E from Muntinlupa
- Apr 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will this work as an extension cable to charge my iPad?
- Asked by Michael M from North Stonington
- Dec 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work as an extension cable to charge my iPad?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)