How long should a lithium battery last? My wife's Mac is only 4 years old and will no longer takes charge. My PC is 6years old and I have no problem
- Asked by Maria F from Springfield
- Oct 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How long should a lithium battery last? My wife's Mac is only 4 years old and will no longer takes charge. My PC is 6years old and I have no problem)
3 Answers from the Community
As these batteries have only been around for a short time (3 years+) it's tough to say. My first MacBook is now 2.5 years old and the Battery still charges 100%. I bought 2 more MacBooks for my company last Christmas and one of them just died after 8 months of use. The battery no longer charges or holds a charge and must be replaced. So, as far as battery quality goes, it's hit and miss. Pray you get a good one or look into the extended coverage when you buy your MacBook and make sure it covers Battery life/replacement
- Answered by Dave W
- Nov 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Laptop battery life is about 2 years.
- Answered by Gary A from Albuquerque
- Oct 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I had an iBook for 6 years and it needed a new battery after 30 months or so, and another 30 months later. My MacBook is 26 months old and I am now almost ready for another battery. I can still get two hours as long as I don't have to play media. Looks like 30 months is the magic number.
- Answered by Robert K from Dover
- Feb 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
How long do the batteries last once charged?
- Asked by Aaron S from Auckland
- Aug 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How long do the batteries last once charged?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger
Which Mac can I buy for my 6 year old son?
- Asked by Grace M from Marietta
- Mar 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Which Mac can I buy for my 6 year old son?)
- Asked about: Mac
for a 6 year old playing games which ipod is best
- Asked by Natalie L from Kutztown
- Dec 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (for a 6 year old playing games which ipod is best)
- Asked about: iPod