My battery has done 304 cycles. I've not noticed any drop in performance, but today full charge capacity (mAh) suddenly = 0. Do I need a new battery?
2 Answers from the Community
This happened to me yesterday. I had 254 cycles on it and ...boom.. it is now not charging with a full charge capacity (mAh) = 0. I tried re-setting the SMC and that did not help. I took it in to the Genius bar and he connected an iPod-based testing device to it and sure enough it is 'dead' and needs to be replaced. Apple only warrants the battery for 1 year or 300 cycles whichever comes first. So, try re-setting the SMC (shut down computer, remove the power plug, remove battery, press the power button and keep it pressed down for no less than 5 seconds, re-insert the battery, connect the power plug and restart your computer). If that does not work, take the laptop to the Apple Store for confirmation that it is dead and if it is, buy yourself a new battery. Needless to say, I am not an Apple Genius.. so all this is at your own risk. I am now looking for a 3rd party to sell me a genuine Apple battery for hopefully tens of pounds less than what Apple sells it for.
- Answered by Wassim J from Montclair
- Dec 11, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
That was the case with my first one too. Apple replaced that battery for free.
The replacement battery has done 667 cycles so far. No problems yet.
- Answered by Josef L
- Dec 12, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How long will the battery last on a full charge?
- Asked by Scott W from Houston
- Nov 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How long will the battery last on a full charge?)
- Asked about: Philips SoundShooter Wireless Bluet…
What is the mAh rating on the batteries? How many charge cycles before wearing out? Also, do I need to "refresh" the batteries once in a while?
- Asked by Shiaw-wei C from Rockville
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the mAh rating on the batteries? How many charge cycles before wearing out? Also, do I need to "refresh" the batteries once in a while?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger