Can you use a macbook while it is on charge?
- Asked by Hayley G from Brisbane
- Mar 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use a macbook while it is on charge?)
4 Answers from the Community
You sure can! I don't recommend leaving it on the charger all the time though. Charge fully to 100%, unplug and run it until about 10% and then repeat the charging process. This will help the battery have a longer life. I've left for retina Macbook Pro unplugged for a week while working on school assignments between work and home and the battery is still at 30%.
- Answered by Marshall M from Aberdeen
- Mar 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, you can with it's designed power supply. The 85w power supply is designed to provide enough energy to both charge the battery and power the MacBook Pro. If you use the smaller MacBook Air 60w or 45w power supply on a MacBook Pro the power supply may not have enough juice to power your computer under heavy loads and your computer will use battery power in addition. The smaller power supplies should both charge and power the computers they were designed for just fine. The large 85w supply should work with all the MacBooks.
- Answered by Anton N from San Bruno
- Mar 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
yes you can
- Answered by Aminullah M from Hayward
- Oct 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Of course .
- Answered by Pavel K from Constanta
- Mar 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
How many Joules of power does a 15inch retina macbook pro use per fully charge
- Asked by Yinfeng Z from Montreal
- Jan 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How many Joules of power does a 15inch retina macbook pro use per fully charge)
- Asked about: Mac
can it be used to charge a MacBook Pro
- Asked by Ramon F F from Panama
- Oct 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be used to charge a MacBook Pro)
- Asked about: Twelve South PlugBug
Do I can use it to charge my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Nicolás L from Bogotá
- May 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I can use it to charge my MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: Kensington International Plug Adapt…
No answers yet