Can I use the Sensor alone and sync after a run with the Running app?
I am considering getting the Nike + iPod Sensor and have been running a few times a week using the Nike + Running app for a while now.
What I don't like is running with my iPhone 4S in my pocket (worried it might fall out), so am wondering whether I could leave the iPhone at home and the Sensor is enough to collect data from the run? Then I can sync up after the run to analyse pace etc.
Not sure if this is possible based on other comments/reviews online - the guy at the Apple store wasn't entirely sure either.
I'd then buy an iPod shuffle for £40 with just my running playlists on and feel much more at ease!
- Asked by Jonathan S
- Nov 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Sensor alone and sync after a run with the Running app?)
1 Answer from the Community
Hi there, you'll need to have a device with you, the sensor can't work on it's own. Plus, you'll get updates as you run on your progress.
- Answered by Stacey C from Raleigh
- Jan 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I run my ipad2 off Bluetooth alone
- Asked by Sylvia P from Lafayette
- Jun 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I run my ipad2 off Bluetooth alone)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
No answers yet
how does this app run does it run on data
- Asked by Judi B from Titusville
- Jun 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how does this app run does it run on data)
- Asked about: Escort SmartRadar Detector Apple Pa…
do i just need the sensor for the nano for running
- Asked by John H
- Jan 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do i just need the sensor for the nano for running)
- Asked about: iPod