how long does a battery last on a macbook (aluminium)
- Asked by Michelle S from Sudbury
- Dec 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (how long does a battery last on a macbook (aluminium))
6 Answers from the Community
Realistically this battery will last around 3 hours as long as there is not heavy usage of the CPU or GPU. So as long as you are doing basic things like e-mail, web surfing, etc you should get decent life out of it. Also turning down brightness, running only 1 program at a time, and turning off bluetooth will all help preserve battery life. Also running it in cycles and using a battery keeper program will help to extend the life. I am a photographer and if I am doing light photo editing I can pull 2-4 hours out of this battery as long as I adhere to the aforementioned guidelines.
- Answered by Michael S from Paramus
- May 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
keyboard lights off. monitor dimmed. monitor timeout is one minute.
minimal to no usage - 5-6 hours
skype or movie editing - 2-3 hours
even with the energy saving options, i don't get much out of my own battery pack.
- Answered by Jinn H from Kuala Lumpur
- Jun 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I just purchased brand new battery from the Apple store. After being fully charged, it does not show 100% charge, it also does not last longer than 2hrs. I have multiple windows open but use it only for typing and web-surfing, no heavy duty video or anything like that. If I knew, I'd keep the old battery. A waste of $100 (that's with $30 off if you make an appt at the Genius Bar and spend 1/2hr buying a battery).
- Answered by Jane K from Northbrook
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Well the battery on my macbook, when fully charged usually lasts between 4 to 5 hours and sometimes 6 hours if i using programs that don't use a lot of the battery. And my brightness is not on the lowest setting.
- Answered by Minnu S from Newington
- Feb 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I bought my 17" Macbook pro November 2009 and the battery is stiil good for about 3 hours use but charging takes 4 or 5 hours. This is on 2nd April 2014. Not bad, eh? I shall buy a new battery from Apple shop as I had a clone one which, whilst it charges fast (2 hours) loses charge in 10 to 20% steps when the Macbook is off (completely off). This means at the end of a session it will be, say, 60% charged and next time it goes on it may be down to 40% or less only 2 or 3 hours later.
- Answered by Mark H
- Apr 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
On a full charge this battery will only last for 1.35hrs with the colour tuned down to the lowest setting before in screen cannot be seen.
- Answered by Anthony M
- Jan 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
How long does the black Macbook battery last?
- Asked by Ron P from Cave Creek
- Jan 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How long does the black Macbook battery last?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
How long do the batteries last once charged?
- Asked by Aaron S from Auckland
- Aug 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How long do the batteries last once charged?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger