After two years and 327 cycles the battery is now extremely hot. Is it time to replace it?
- Asked by Judith C from Kennebunk
- Nov 17, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (After two years and 327 cycles the battery is now extremely hot. Is it time to replace it?)
2 Answers from the Community
I believe so. On this particular battery, the cycle life is 300. Its lame, I know. You can still use it after 300, but if you start to notice it over heating it might be a good idea to change it. To much heat can compromise some of the other electronics inside the Mac and then the cost to fix would be a whole lot more then a battery.
- Answered by Brett F from Garden Valley
- Dec 2, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Well, after reading the answer to this I checked my batteries cycle cache and it is at 545. My computer will run hot at times and it has decreased in the number of hours it holds a charge but is still works.
Two years ago I began setting my computer on a portable computer fan made to cool the battery and it made a huge difference. I do not do this all the time but often enough. Several of my fellow teachers shared this trick and it has really helped. I hope it helps you too.
I will be replacing my battery soon, but it had a long and full life! My computer is almost four years old.
- Answered by Kristen W from El Dorado Hills,
- Jan 31, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
where do I find the cycle count?
- Asked by Sher T from Limerick
- Mar 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (where do I find the cycle count?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 13-inch MacB…
What is the difference between the Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base Station and the new Airport Extreme?
- Asked by K.c. P from Jacksonville
- Jun 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the Refurbished AirPort Extreme Base Station and the new Airport Extreme?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme