Is there a DVI to Thunderbolt adapter.
- Asked by Loyal J I from Monterey
- Dec 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a DVI to Thunderbolt adapter.)
1 Answer from the Community
It depends on what you mean. If your question means is there a way to connect say a MAC to a DVI monitor or device, the answer is yes. There are several devices made by such as DYNEX, INSIGNIA and perhaps other manufacturers that will do it.
On the other hand, if you are trying to connect that old PC of yours to a display-port device, there appears to be nothing available to do it. I stopped by the APPLE STORE in Freehold, NJ; the Radio Shack and BEST BUY searching for such a device and did not find it. So I am led to believe that my quest is similar to trying to find a way to make a riding lawn mower go as fast as a Lamborghini or alternatively put a Lamborghini body over the mower.
So in plain English, just as you can make a Lamborghini go as slow as a mower but not the other way, it appears that, you can find a thunderbolt to DVI adapter but not a DVI to thunderbolt adapter.
- Answered by Bill P from Lincroft
- Sep 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can The Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter fits into the thunderbolt?
- Asked by Jun T from Petaling Jaya
- Jun 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can The Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter fits into the thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: Apple Mini DVI to VGA Adapter
Is there currently an adapter to go from the thunderbolt display to a VGA or DVI?
- Asked by Greg R from Youngstown
- Oct 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there currently an adapter to go from the thunderbolt display to a VGA or DVI?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- Sep 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…