If I hook the mini-DVI to DVI adapter to a DVI to HDMI cable, how do I get sound to my tv?
- Asked by Andrea W from Cordova
- Oct 31, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (If I hook the mini-DVI to DVI adapter to a DVI to HDMI cable, how do I get sound to my tv?)
2 Answers from the Community
TV's typically have some sort of sound-in connector. The problem is, most tv's will not pull sound from that while an HDMI connection is chosen because HDMI carries sound as well. Depending on your TV, you might be stuck running sound to a set of external speakers plopped in front of your TV.
- Answered by Andrew P from Holland
- Dec 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I hooked it up that way and I used my surround sound for the audio. Its great, watching HD Sports.
- Answered by Cj M from Toronto
- Jan 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I use an HDMI to DVI cable
- Asked by Larry F from Frederick
- Sep 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an HDMI to DVI cable)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
does the mac book use the dvi adapter?
- Asked by Naomi A from Rexburg
- Jan 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does the mac book use the dvi adapter?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
No answers yet