Does it connect to a 2009 macbook pro?
My friend has the black 2007 or 2008 macbook, I'm not sure. However he has a VGA adapter but it wont fit in my 2009 Macbook pro. Will this connect to my laptop, or only the older ones?
- Asked by Jason C from Branford
- Oct 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it connect to a 2009 macbook pro?)
3 Answers from the Community
Short Answer: No. Only for older non-Pro series MacBooks.
Long Answer: The 2009 MacBook Pro's use Mini-Display Port for video output. To connect MDP to VGA you need a different part. Apple makes a "Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter" retailing for $29.00. The 2008 MacBook Pro's used full size DVI. This dongle is designed to work with all Black and White polycarbonate MacBooks, iMacs (Intel Core Duo), and 12-inch PowerBook G4's. Just FYI, the MacBook Air uses Micro DVI, so this is dongle is not compatible with that notebook either.
- Answered by Jef H from Parker
- Oct 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I cannot find the "Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter" retailing for $29.00 mentioned in a previous answer.
I have a MacBookPro - just purchased Oct 09 - and need an adaptor from the mini display port to VGA. I cannot find any mention of the MacBookPro for any of the adaptors listed in the Apple Store. This item looks as if it's what I need but the MacBookPro is not listed. Perhaps Apple could make it clear on this site which adaptor I need?
- Answered by Helen A
- Nov 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The new Air's, however, have mini display port which is newer than micro dvi and mini dvi.
- Answered by Kara S from Lindenhurst
- May 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What cable do I need to connect my MacBook Pro (2009) to my iMac (2011) for duel monitors?
- Asked by Kelly L from Tuscaloosa
- Sep 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my MacBook Pro (2009) to my iMac (2011) for duel monitors?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
what adapter do I need to connect a 2005 A1082 to my 2009 macbook pro
- Asked by Vincent D from Brooklyn
- Dec 8, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (what adapter do I need to connect a 2005 A1082 to my 2009 macbook pro)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can I use this with my Macbook Pro from Aug. 2009?
- Asked by Teaira C from Ottumwa
- Oct 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this with my Macbook Pro from Aug. 2009?)
- Asked about: Twelve South BookArc Pro Vertical D…