Is it possible to have multiple deadbolts "keyed" to the same fob and codes?
If I bought one, I would most likely want to replace the deadbolt on more than one door so that all entry to the house is controlled the same way (no keys at all). But - would ideally not want to have multiple ekeys for multiple doors... Just like a normal deadbolt - I'd like to have them all keyed so that only one key will open any door at the same residence. Does that make sense in the digital framework?
- Asked by David S from White Salmon
- Mar 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to have multiple deadbolts "keyed" to the same fob and codes?)
2 Answers from the Community
yup. We now have 2 (front door and interior garage door). eKeys for multiple doors just sit in the app. Nothing needed to do to signal what door to open, you just tap it, and it opens or locks. You send ekeys to individual locks(doors). the fobs enroll in a second lock by pressing a button on inside of the new lock, and just tapping the fob to back of lock. Kids both have a fob in school back pack that work on either door. wife and I both have ekeys to both doors, we send others ekeys only to our front door.
We even keyed the mechanical keys the same between these doors. Kwikset has an included tool that lets you do that, too.
- Answered by Dirk W from State College
- Mar 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, the fob supports multiple locks.
- Answered by Matthew W from Rochester
- Mar 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can i use this on a one sided deadbolt lock?
- Asked by Mokeita W from Dallas
- Oct 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use this on a one sided deadbolt lock?)
- Asked about: August Smart Lock