Are the bands waterproof and shock proof?
- Asked by Truly D from Canyon Lake
- Nov 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Are the bands waterproof and shock proof?)
5 Answers from the Community
It's water resistant, not waterproof.
So you can wear it when you shower or wash your hands and stuff like that, but not while you are swimming. You wouldn't want it to ever be submerged in water.
Shock proof I can't speak to.
- Answered by Megan O from Dallas
- Nov 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Don't know about shock proofing, but a company called Waterfi sells waterproof Fuelbands designed for swimmers. They're an American company though, and it's about 75% extra price-wise, so only for hardcore swimmers I suppose :)
- Answered by Alex S
- Nov 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They are not advertised as waterproof, but I believe mine is. When I went rafting there was a cliff where you can jump from so I did. As I was falling I realized my FB was on my wrist so when I landed I pressed the button to see if it still worked and tracked fuel and it did. As for shock proof, it can take falls but don't expect it to live after a car runs over it.
- Answered by Cesar C from Antioch
- Nov 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
waterproof yes not sure about shock proof.
- Answered by Rodny J from Brockton
- Nov 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I ran an entire Marine Corps Run Amuck(a 4 mile obstacle course with mud, jumps, crawling, etc) with it on and it works perfectly fine. I also demolished a barn with it on and it works perfectly fine. So I would say yes to both.
- Answered by Dutch G from Fredericksburg
- Jun 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Are there any waterproof and shock protective cases for the iPhone 4S ?
- Asked by Connie B from Jena
- Jan 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any waterproof and shock protective cases for the iPhone 4S ?)
- Asked about: Speck PixelSkin HD Case for iPhone …
I see that the band is not waterproof, does sweat affect it at all?
- Asked by Stephanie T from Worcester
- Jun 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I see that the band is not waterproof, does sweat affect it at all?)
- Asked about: UP24 by Jawbone Wristband (Small)