Will it work on a mortise type lock with thumb latch?
- Asked by David G from Kamuela
- Mar 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work on a mortise type lock with thumb latch?)
1 Answer from the Community
Not a mortise lock, it's a deadbolt style. Deadbolts have thumbturns, too. Mortise-style is a big rectangular lock and latchset that inlays in the door edge, rather than a cylinder that describes a deadbolt. Maybe they'll come out with a mortise style in future. Hard to find those anywhere in the US. I had a mortise on my front door, but I replaced the whole thing with a deadbolt. that was a task. (replace mortise with woodblock, planed it down, putty & sand, drill new deadbolt holes, paint and install). #1 I really wanted this Kevo lock #2, my mortise lock was from the 20's and had to be insecure by today's standards, so I wanted to upgrade.
- Answered by Dirk W from State College
- Mar 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does a locked iPhone work internationally?
- Asked by Sin Yip W from Los Angeles
- Sep 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does a locked iPhone work internationally?)
- Asked about: iPhone
No answers yet
is this the only brand that works for locking Macs?
- Asked by Anna D from Gainesville
- Jan 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (is this the only brand that works for locking Macs?)
- Asked about: Kensington MicroSaver Lock