Can someone enter my house when they steal my iPhone?
- Asked by Selmar D
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can someone enter my house when they steal my iPhone?)
2 Answers from the Community
Unlike losing a physical key to your home, you can delete an eKey from any browser. The other option: you can always reset the lock (at the lock), and start over. I did have my iPhone stolen from pocket at grocery store. Logged into my Kevo account on my wife's, but could have used a computer in their cafe. viola! eKey deleted. bought new iPhone, logged in, eKeys back. I also did the find my iPhone thing (phone was already offline). etc. This was much easier then when the kids lost the physical key to the house month's earlier and we re-keyed all the mechanical locks. ugh.
- Answered by Dirk W from State College
- Mar 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If you don't have a pass code and/or the fingerprint reader activated on your phone, then yes. If you do use this Kwikset Kevo Lock and the App, then be sure to have your pass code or fingerprint reader enabled. If you notice that your phone is stolen, then you can remotely swipe it via Find My iPhone. (PS: Don't forget to enable Find My iPhone on your phone in the Settings menu, and remember your password on the site to locate or wipe your device).
I anticipate that you could also revoke keys on devices thru the app and/or their website. Anyone have any experience with the settings on the app or their website who could comment on this?
- Answered by Paul J from Kingwood
- Mar 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How can loJack be effective, if i have a password.... someone steals my laptop, they can't login to connect to the internet
- Asked by Arian F from Merced
- Aug 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How can loJack be effective, if i have a password.... someone steals my laptop, they can't login to connect to the internet)
- Asked about: Computrace LoJack for Laptops Premi…
Will this autoconnect with my phone when I enter the car?
- Asked by Dhanaraj V from Lynchburg
- Oct 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this autoconnect with my phone when I enter the car?)
- Asked about: Belkin Aircast Bluetooth In-car Ada…