Can the lock still be picked or defeated with a bump key?
I like the concept of the electronic lock, but I don't like that they still left the standard key hole. I understand that you need a back up if there is a power/internet outage, if your phone dies, or if you lose your phone. When it comes to the lock on my front door, I care more about security than a second of convenience. But, have they made the lock tamper resistant? Can't the bad guys just use a bump key to defeat the lock?
- Asked by Paul J from Kingwood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the lock still be picked or defeated with a bump key?)
2 Answers from the Community
The lock may have a traditional keyhole but it can't be picked or bumped. This lock uses kwiksets new rekey technology with makes it impervious to that kind of attach
- Answered by James P from New Bedford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it is bump proof per UL specs
- Answered by Terry C from Kissimmee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what if you lose the lock key
- Asked by Francine M from Columbia
- Sep 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what if you lose the lock key)
- Asked about: Kensington MicroSaver Lock