How can I pair the Parrot Zik with a Mac Computer?
- Asked by Danilo D from South Salt Lake
- Nov 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I pair the Parrot Zik with a Mac Computer?)
3 Answers from the Community
On Mac OS X 10.10, Zik Firmware version 1.10:
1- make sure the firmware on your Parrot Zik is up to date.
2- When it is, plug it to your Mac using a micro USB cable (one is provided with the Zik).
3- Turn your Zik on. Note: it must *not* be connected to another device. If it is (for example to your iPhone), then you will not be able to pair it with your Mac. If it is connected to your iPhone, the easiest (and perhaps only) way to disconnect it is to disable Bluetooth on the iPhone (if only temporarily).
4- Open the Mac System Preferences (in the Apple menu), and select the BlueTooth Icon. Make sure BlueTooth is on (and turn it on if it's not). On the right hand side, you can see the list of BlueTooth devices. On the top, the devices that have already been paired with the Mac. If any discoverable device is found, they will appear at the bottom, separated from the paired devices by a single thin black line.
5- Your Zik has never been paired with your Mac, so it shows in the bottom list. This is because the Zik is always in pairing mode (ie, it's discoverable) whenever it is *not* connected to a device. Click on the "Pair" button that should show beside its name. You will see a progress indicator (a rotating wheel), and after 10s or so, the Zik item will move to the top list, with a "Connected" status.
• When I tried the above, it failed many times before it succeeded. It succeeded as soon as I did step 2 above (plug the Zik in the Mac). This step should not be necessary however. It might have helped because this provided power to the Zik. My battery was perhaps 70% charged. This suggest:
• If it fails, try to fully charge the Zik before you try again
• If it fails, an "Options" button might appear in the device list on the line for the Zik. By pressing it, you can enter a pairing code, always "0000" (four zeroes)
- Answered by Jean-denis M
- Nov 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To pair the Zik 2.0 Headset from Parrot with my MacBook Air worked only when the headset was connected via USB to the MacBook Air.
- Answered by Matthias G from Herdon
- Jan 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The Parrot Zik can paired to any Mac computer via Bluetooth
- Answered by Kai C from Sunshine Coast
- Nov 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
What is best way to use Parrot to listen to DSLR audio, would it pair with a bluetooth xmitter?
- Asked by Perry E from Denver
- Jan 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What is best way to use Parrot to listen to DSLR audio, would it pair with a bluetooth xmitter?)
- Asked about: Parrot Zik 2.0 Bluetooth Headphones
How do these compare to Parrot Zik?
- Asked by Charles W from Fairfield
- Dec 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do these compare to Parrot Zik?)
- Asked about: Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
No answers yet
can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?
- Asked by Nora H from San Francisco
- Oct 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB