Does it work with Airplay?
Well, does it?
- Asked by Joel C S from Viola
- Feb 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with Airplay?)
4 Answers from the Community
No. Bluetooth is the only wireless standard supported by this speaker. Pair it with an airport express if you would like AirPlay capability. I would recommend an optical cable between the two.
- Answered by Kyle B from Franklin
- Jun 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will indeed work with your airplay network provided that you: a) have an airport express or extreme to plug into, and b) you use the 1/8" jack to hardware the Marshall speaker into the airport express so that you receive the signal via your airport network setup. The Marshall speaker could also be used with the Bluetooth capabilities it has, however you would then eliminate the airplay capabilities as most Bluetooth capable electronics are only able to source signal to one type of connection at a time.
- Answered by David C from Osprey
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No. You can use bluetooth (wireless), RCA, optical (TOSLINK) or 3.5mm (1/8in) audio cable.
- Answered by Kutter C from Durham
- Feb 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes it works with air play. Works best with toslink optical audio cable which comes with 3.5mm adapter. Then use airplay, works flawlessly, sounds great, can control volume through iPad ( no remote)
- Answered by Adam J from Fiskdale
- May 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does airplay work with No internet/network?
- Asked by Obed R from Tanunda
- Nov 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airplay work with No internet/network?)
- Asked about: Apple TV