is this hub compatible to my NEW Mac Pro late 2013
- Asked by Doug W
- May 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is this hub compatible to my NEW Mac Pro late 2013)
1 Answer from the Community
Revised: I did a couple of extra tests after reading your question, and revised my previous answer:
Yes, the Belkin 4 port will work with your iMac 2013, with some provisos.
I have the 27" iMac 2013 and have 2 of these hubs working.
They support USB 3 devices and such things as keyboards etc.
However, neither of my Belkin USB 3 hubs recognizes USB 2 memory sticks (I have all 4 ports used, so they may be running short of power)
Also, with both my copies of the Belkin 4 port hub, my keyboard stops working from time to time. If I unplug it and plug it in again, it works again.
With the same set up, my Anker 10 port USB hub was able to run 4+ devices with no problem, charged my iPhone quickly, and recognized any USB 2 or 3 memory sticks.
My conclusion is that, if you have devices that draw power from the hub, a more robust model is a better bet.
I have the Anker 10 port I mentioned and am happy with it.
HooToo's 10 port USB 3 hub got excellent reviews lately also.
I'm about to replace the Belkin 4 port with a newer, more robust model.
- Answered by Thomas D from Toronto
- Dec 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this fit macbook pro 13 inch retina display? (late 2013)
- Asked by Margarita B from Brooklyn
- Apr 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this fit macbook pro 13 inch retina display? (late 2013))
- Asked about: Thule 15" Stravan Sleeve for MacBoo…
Will this bG fit a macbook pro 13' retina late 2013
- Asked by Martyn C
- Dec 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this bG fit a macbook pro 13' retina late 2013)
- Asked about: Thule 13 Stravan Deluxe Attache for…
Does this shell fit a 13" Mackbook Pro late 2013?
- Asked by Don G from Toronto
- Nov 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this shell fit a 13" Mackbook Pro late 2013?)
- Asked about: Speck 15" SmartShell Satin Case for…