Why are speaker vents on front when iPhone speakers are on bottom? Does that not block out the sound output?
- Asked by Robin D J H from Doncaster
- Nov 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Why are speaker vents on front when iPhone speakers are on bottom? Does that not block out the sound output?)
3 Answers from the Community
Hi Robin - I've had mine for a month (iPhone 5 Plain Vanilla) and the sound is great with the case on. After I read your question I looked over the case and there are indeed no specific 'sound apertures' but it plays great on or off..it comes out around the charge aperture I guess.
- Answered by Roger A
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
They are Sound Chambers that enhance the sound and make it percevably louder and clearer. It does work. I wear Hearing Aids, and I can hear conversations with the Mophie cases on, that I Cannot hear with them removed.
The concept has been copied by other case manufacturers, as well as add-on devices "to increase volume etc".
- Answered by Jeff K from Greensboro
- Dec 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The speakers are there because of the charging connections within the case. If anything the case amplifies the sound as it projects the sound forward acting like a directional funnel.
- Answered by Elliot S from Hereford
- Feb 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this adapter block the speaker on the iPhone?
- Asked by Arnold T
- Nov 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter block the speaker on the iPhone?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
what is the speaker output in watts? thanks
- Asked by Dung N from Rosslyn Park
- Feb 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the speaker output in watts? thanks)
- Asked about: JBL Micro Wireless Speaker
Can I output L & R speakers?
- Asked by Oriol I from Barcelona
- Jun 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I output L & R speakers?)
- Asked about: Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker