Can you run the LightStrips on 12 volt electricity, as in a boat or RV?
I'm getting a boat and it would be really nice to use these to light it up beautifully inside. Boat-based color-changing LEDs are prohibitively expensive and don't seem to be as flexible in their operation.
- Asked by David D from West Palm Beach
- Apr 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you run the LightStrips on 12 volt electricity, as in a boat or RV?)
1 Answer from the Community
If you use a power inverter, you should be able to use the lightstrips with a 12 volt power source. However, none if the Hue lights (Lightstrips included) are rated for outdoor use. Thus, you'd have to use them inside the cabin, if you have one, not outside.
- Answered by Marian P from Columbia
- May 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does it have a 12volt dc adapter availible to use on a boat
- Asked by Bill Q from Sarasota
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does it have a 12volt dc adapter availible to use on a boat)
- Asked about: Big JAMBOX by Jawbone Wireless Spea…