Can you run the LightStrips on 12 volt electricity, as in a boat or RV?
I'm getting a boat and it would be really nice to use these to light it up beautifully inside. Boat-based color-changing LEDs are prohibitively expensive and don't seem to be as flexible in their operation.
- Asked by David D from West Palm Beach
- Apr 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you run the LightStrips on 12 volt electricity, as in a boat or RV?)
1 Answer from the Community
If you use a power inverter, you should be able to use the lightstrips with a 12 volt power source. However, none if the Hue lights (Lightstrips included) are rated for outdoor use. Thus, you'd have to use them inside the cabin, if you have one, not outside.
- Answered by Marian P from Columbia
- May 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I run apple air from 12 volt supply whilst camping
- Asked by David H
- Oct 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I run apple air from 12 volt supply whilst camping)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…
can the unit be charged with 220 volt electricity?
- Asked by Mia W from Alameda
- Sep 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can the unit be charged with 220 volt electricity?)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Powerstation XL E…