Does this block the new dual mic on the MacBook Air 13" 2013?
6 Answers from the Community
No. It does not block the new dual mic on the MBA 13" 2013. I bought this case today and I can confirm the case fits the latest generation of MBA.
- Answered by Kevin H from Killarney Hts
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Speck and Moshi are working on new cases but as of today yes it covers one microphone. I would guess it won't be long. This info is from Apple chat.
- Answered by Joan J from Fredericksburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes it does
- Answered by Tyler F
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I just received mine today (8/31/2013) and put it on my week old 2013 MacBook Air 13". I can confirm that the case does NOT cover the 2nd microphone port, but comes to about 1/16" of it.
I assume that the manufacturer is no longer making the older cases and has switched to the new model to accommodate the new MacBook Air dual mics.
It's 2 piece, top and bottom and clips around the edges. It has a rubbery slick feel, not very grippy, almost feels a bit more slippery than the bare aluminum of the Mac Air, but i feel a lot safer about not scratching my shiny new MacBook Air by accident, and that was my goal.
Great simple and practical product.
The instructions say to take it off each month to clean underneath, but I doubt the tiny tabs holding it to the Air will survive repeated removal and reattachment....
Overall it gets 4.8 out of 5 stars from me.
- Answered by Stefan S from Hackensack
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
the guy saying it doesn't cover the mic is TOTALLY WRONG. i was wondering why i was struggling with mine and found that it is covered by about a millimeter and while that isn't much it's more than enough.
- Answered by William P from Carmichael
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
I bought a Macbook Air last week and one of these cases today, and it does NOT cover either of the mic's.
- Answered by Chris H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
does this work for the 2013 macbook air 13"?
- Asked by Howard S from New York
- Jul 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (does this work for the 2013 macbook air 13"?)
- Asked about: Acme Made 13" Skinny Sleeve for Mac…
Is the 2013 Macbook Air 13" powerful enough for Garageband production?
- Asked by Patrick P
- May 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the 2013 Macbook Air 13" powerful enough for Garageband production?)
- Asked about: Mac
Will this fit the new 2013 MacBook Air?
- Asked by Christopher C from Yarraville
- Jun 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this fit the new 2013 MacBook Air?)
- Asked about: Moshi 11" ClearGuard Keyboard Prote…