Does anyone got mold under the shell?
I've been checking the Speck Smartshell case for my MacBook Pro 13" Retina.
But on the Apple store, the product is shown twice: once with only the black color and a second time with many colors options?
It seems to be the same product.
HOWEVER, for the black color many customers complained about having mold appearing under the shell and eating the MBP??!!
I would like to buy one (not the black one obviously) but not if it means more harm for my quite expensive MBP...
Thank you for your answers!
- Asked by Cecile L
- Dec 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does anyone got mold under the shell?)
1 Answer from the Community
My wife and I have had these shells on our MBP''s for a fair time. Hers is red, at least 2 years, and mine, a blue one, about a year and a half. neither machine has any growth of any kind under the shell. I suspect someone spilled liquid on, or sat the MBP in question in or on a wet area. Possibly they used it in a high humidity area. the shell isn't sealed, and has vent holes in the underside, so I would very much be surprised that there would mold, mildew or any other growths inside. Provided it wasn't used in the Amazon rain forest.
- Answered by Kerry B from Walla Walla
- Jan 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Has anyone got FrogPad to work on an iPhone 5?
- Asked by Alan B
- Oct 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone got FrogPad to work on an iPhone 5?)
- Asked about: iPhone
No answers yet
Would this shell be at all protective if the mac were dropped?
- Asked by Barbara B from Florham Park
- Mar 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Would this shell be at all protective if the mac were dropped?)
- Asked about: Tech21 Impact Snap Case for 13-inch…
Has anyone been able to pair them with the iPhone 6 yet?
- Asked by M Andrew M from Atlanta
- Sep 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone been able to pair them with the iPhone 6 yet?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…