Can you use this in a car without an auxiliary port, just using the cigarette lighter outlet?
I'm looking to purchase an item that will play my daughters 5th Generation ipod through the car speakers and act as a hands free for my husbands iphone 4. If I can use this, what adaptors will I need for the ipod or iphone as obviously each has a different connection.Many Thanks
- Asked by Sharron T
- Nov 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this in a car without an auxiliary port, just using the cigarette lighter outlet?)
1 Answer from the Community
The short answer is no. However, have you looked to see if your auxilliary port is just hard to find? Nearly all models newer than 2005 have an auxilliary port, but some of them are very well hidden. Also, if you have an after-market stereo system they almost always have an auxiliary port. If your car doesn't have one of these, you can opt for an FM Transmitter model (though I personally don't find these work very well, especially in big cities where almost all the FM band is used by radio stations). Or there are more expensive packages to instal an auxilliary port to your existing stereo.
- Answered by Kevin W from Port Dover
- Dec 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
will this work with cigarett lighter
- Asked by Frank T from Taunton
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with cigarett lighter)
- Asked about: Just Wireless Car Charger for iOS D…
Is there an adapter to plug into a cigarette lighter?
- Asked by Ronnalyn V from Edmonton
- Jun 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an adapter to plug into a cigarette lighter?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Dock