For the new 13" Macbook Pro with Retina-- Do I purchase the regular 13" Macbook Pro sleeve or the one designed for the 13" Air?
- Asked by Jennifer D from Washington
- Mar 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (For the new 13" Macbook Pro with Retina-- Do I purchase the regular 13" Macbook Pro sleeve or the one designed for the 13" Air?)
4 Answers from the Community
I had the same problem. I went in store to try out the two. The 13" case for the macbook air fits the 13" macbook pro with retina display perfectly. The guy in the store said that is why they do not sell one for the pro as the case would be the same.
I bought the 13" air case and I'm very happy i did.
- Answered by Bradley A from Burgess Hill
- Apr 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The 13 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display is actually smaller than the 13 inch Macbook Air. The incase sleeve for the Air will fit the retina macbook BUT it will be slightly too large and therefore a bit baggy. I know this because my sister recently bought the Air with the incase sleeve, and when I tried it with my retina macbook, we were both confused as to why it fit her Air better.
If perfection doesn't bother you, then go for the air sleeve and make do. I on the other hand require a perfect fit. Enter the new contender on the market The Côte&Ciel neoprene sleeve designed specifically for the retina macbook. I'm surprised it's taken this long for something like this to come out but there we go.
I am going to purchase this one and see how it fares but am expecting good things given its specific purpose. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Peter C
- Apr 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
you purchase the regular 13" MacBook Pro sleeve
- Answered by Mary S from Mosman
- Jul 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
You should think before you answer. You know what option isn't available as of when I posted this question? The 13" Macbook Pro with Retina sleeve.
The only options are the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina sleeve (perhaps too big for a 13") and the 13" Macbook Air sleeve (possibly too small).
- Answered by Jennifer D from Washington
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
macbook pro retina 13' or macbook air 13'
- Asked by Bach N from Bloomington
- Nov 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook pro retina 13' or macbook air 13')
- Asked about: Mac