Will this bag hold a late 2013 15" Macbook Pro with retina display? It says 15" or small and the new MBP are just over 15"
- Asked by Christopher F from Island Lake
- Nov 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this bag hold a late 2013 15" Macbook Pro with retina display? It says 15" or small and the new MBP are just over 15")
4 Answers from the Community
I took a chance and ordered this bag. I just received it a few days ago. Let me start by answering my own question.
Yes, this bag does hold the latest, late 2013 15" Macbook pro with retina display.
Now for a little review. I gave up on briefcase bags, shoulder bags, and messenger bags several years ago. Frankly speaking I almost never just have a computer. I always have cables, chargers, papers, notebooks, and very often a book. Shoulder bags tend to be a bit on the small side and the straps never hold up. I have broken the strap on every shoulder bag I have ever owned. I have had some great bags, but the straps did not hold. We will see how this one does.
The bag feels great. Really nice quality to it. the compartments are nicely organized and arranged. I like the iPad compartment for putting in a full sized iPad. The front pocket is a bit small but I used a Cocoon Grid-It medium size and it holds everything I need.
There is plenty of room for the MBP and I think I will even get a sleeve for it, there is plenty of room to spare and I want the added padding. There is a lot of padding in the bag. I probably don't even need the sleeve but I am over protective of my equipment. I take of them and they last me a really long time. I would hate to have the life of this beautiful computer put short because a strap breaks, or the bags slips onto the floor.
I would recommend this bag to anyone that wants a small briefcase. It is not a really large bag, but I believe it holds enough for me. If you just carry a laptop and some cables you might want the slim model and save a little money. So far I am enjoying this one. Time will tell how it holds up.
- Answered by Christopher F from Island Lake
- Dec 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It says 15" Elliott Deluxe Brief for MacBook. It is in length 17"
Height: 13 in./33 cm
Width: 3.5 in./8.9 cm
Weight: 1.1 lb./0.5 kg
Length: 17 in./43.2 cm
- Answered by Mike T from Signal Mountain
- Nov 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, this case is perfect for the new MacBook Pro 15 with retina display. I got the laptop about a month ago and just got the case within the last few days. I'm very impressed with both the machine and the case.
The case compartments are spacious and well-padded. I've already had a near accident where I lost my grip on the case handle while trying to put multiple items in the car. The case dropped a few inches, but everything inside, including MacBook Pro, iPad 3, and iPhone 5S were well protected.
The case separates the front and back compartments for ease in scanning at airports. I'm very happy with it.
- Answered by Eddie V from Alexandria
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
it holds my late 2013 macbook pro retina 15" and so much more.
if only I could figure out what the center velcro fold out id for shown on last picture of bag... I think its for a workspace of sorts.
- Answered by Mark A from East Haven
- Dec 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Does this bag fit a 15 " Macbook Pro with retina display?
- Asked by Brandon G from Norwalk
- Apr 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this bag fit a 15 " Macbook Pro with retina display?)
- Asked about: Herschel Supply Co. Strand Plus Duf…
will this fit the 2013 15in mbp with retina display
- Asked by Lance H
- Nov 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will this fit the 2013 15in mbp with retina display)
- Asked about: Speck 13" SmartShell Satin Case for…
MacBook Pro 13 or 15 for Developer
- Asked by Robert C from West Brookfield
- Mar 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (MacBook Pro 13 or 15 for Developer)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet