Does it charge faster than a normal charger?
Is it faster?
- Asked by Sarah M from Londonderry
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it charge faster than a normal charger?)
2 Answers from the Community
It will not charge an iPhone faster. It will charge an iPad the same speed as the included stock Apple 10W iPad charger.
This charger delivers up to 2.1 amps. The iPhone limits it's draw to 1 amp meaning it will charge at the same speed as a standard 5 watt iPhone charger.
The iPad will use up to 12 watts.
This will work with any devices. It just won't charge an iPhone faster.
I've done considerable testing with power meters to prove this.
That being said, you can absolutely use this with an iPhone. It's a good buy as you can use this 1 with an iPhone or iPad without sacrificing charge speed.
- Answered by Taylor H from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I believe so. Standard iPhone chargers are 1 amp or 5 watts, and this is double that, so it should charge in about 60% of the normal charge time (based on other reviews).
- Answered by Diego V from Elkhorn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How much faster will this charger charge my iPad3 ?
- Asked by Michael H from Conway
- Oct 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How much faster will this charger charge my iPad3 ?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter