Can you bypass the pre-amps?
- Asked by Danny Y from Chicago
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you bypass the pre-amps?)
1 Answer from the Community
From Apogee's Knowledge Base:
YES! Duet 2′s preamps can be bypassed if you’d like to connect a line level input source such as an external microphone preamp or mixer. Here are the two things you’ll need to do:
1) Connect the devices line level output to Duet’s combination input jack using an XLR cable.
2) Go to the input tab in Maestro (found in your Applications folder) and change the input selection from “Mic” or “Inst” to “+4 dBu” or “-10 dBV”. The line level selectionwill depend on the type of gear you’re connecting. Professional audio equipment most often uses +4 dBu, while consumer audio gear is set to -10 dBV.
- Answered by Rob C from Nashville
- Oct 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is this essentially just a pre-amp tailored for Mac and iPad/iPhone use?
- Asked by Hunter S from Calabasas
- Oct 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this essentially just a pre-amp tailored for Mac and iPad/iPhone use?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
how many amps is the 12watt charger fo ipad air?
- Asked by William P from Manildra
- Nov 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how many amps is the 12watt charger fo ipad air?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter