If two speakers are purchased can they be used in two different rooms ?
Can two or more speakers be used to create a wireless sound system. Similar to other questions how far away can the apple device be ie in another room for the speaker to pick it up ?
2 Answers from the Community
Unfortunately no it can't be used in this manner. But up to 5 devices can be linked to it., but of course you can only play them one at a time.
- Answered by Sila P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You would need a wi-fi music system, something that is AirPlay compatible since the Bluetooth specs don't allow for this. The Logitech UE Boom can do this as you can pair two of those to a single device but that is a specific feature of that speaker line, it uses proprietary technology. Even then, you can't have the speakers in different rooms as their stereo/dual mono range is very small.
As for your second question, the range of the SoundLink Mini is like any other Bluetooth speaker: 30 ft. That's the theoretical range of Bluetooth though. Indoor ranges tend to be less since the signal has to travel through walls, doors, and other wireless signals. I can get about 20 ft in my apartment, through two walls and a door, with my SoundLink Mini and iPhone 5/iPad mini. Anything further and it starts cutting out.
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Two questions about upgrading software...
- Asked by Rachael O from Windsor
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two questions about upgrading software...)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
What is the difference between the two power adapters?
- Asked by Deborah E from Canby
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between the two power adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…