connect thunder cable from MBP to thunder port, use 2TB as my MBP backup. Also I want to connect thunder cable from 27" iMac to the 2nd thunder port?
So as you helpful people have just read what I would like to do is have this 4TB hard drive as the back up for both my MBP and my 27". There is 2 thunder ports and I could set it up so MBP takes one of the 2 hard drives and the 27" desktop iMac uses the other 2TB hard drive.
Would this work?
Does anyone have any ideas on how I could achieve my goal.
Basically my mid 2012 MBP will have all my junk on it, personal stuff and important stuff too that I will want on the new 27" iMac when I get home. So basically the MBP is a throw around Mac and the stunning 27" is a awesome setup, all wireless sonos with digital amp and a Focal 2.1 high end wireless sound system plus wireless printer and all the pads and phones etc...
So the MBP could break and I would be deco. If the new 27" imac broke I would prob walk onto on coming traffic....
Please help and thanks in advance if anyone can help.
2 Answers from the Community
It's not a NAS or router, it's intended to be connected to a single computer, so no you can not connect two computers to share the device.
- Answered by Paul N from Colorado Springs
- Jun 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Nope. Can only connect one computer at a time to the drive. If you wish to share the drive with another computer you have two choices:
- switch thunderbolt connection from one computer to the other
- leave drive connected to one computer, and share the drive to the other computer by turning file sharing on.
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Aug 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can this work on thunder bolt port
- Asked by Jr K from Virginia Beach
- Dec 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can this work on thunder bolt port)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
can i connect a thunder bolt display with a I mac 10m cable
- Asked by Timothy J F from Benton
- Mar 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect a thunder bolt display with a I mac 10m cable)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt 100 ft./30 m Optical Ca…
Could my macbook Pro(has the thunder bolt) use this connect to my iMac?
- Asked by Huining L from Chico
- Apr 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Could my macbook Pro(has the thunder bolt) use this connect to my iMac?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter