Multiple users on iMAC using Office 2011
I have transitioned my home over to Apple and includes an new iMAC that will be shared between my wife and I. I need to purchase MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel for all my old files and any new files. If I purchase Office 2011 will I just install it under my user and have use under my wife's account?
- Asked by Dana L from Millbury
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Multiple users on iMAC using Office 2011)
1 Answer from the Community
Congratulations on switching over to bright side of the road!
You only need to install the software once and all users on the iMac will have access to the programs. Even though there are two users, the Microsoft Office serial number will cover one machine, and does not correlate to the amount of users on the iMac.
Each user will also be able to save their own documents in their respective user account and only that user will have access to them. Each user can share chosen documents through various solutions, like dropbox or copy- among many others that I will not go into now, but each user is completely separate like they are on two different computers.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Jeff H from Denver
- Jul 29, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a version of Office 2011 home and business for multiple downloads?
- Asked by Scott L from Fairmont
- Jan 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a version of Office 2011 home and business for multiple downloads?)
- Asked about: Microsoft Office for Mac Home and B…
can it have Multiple users?
- Asked by Fiorella C from Manhatthan
- Jul 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can it have Multiple users?)
- Asked about: Withings Smart Body Analyzer and di…