Will these speakers work with airplay?
I am looking for a couple of rechargeable speakers that I can place around my house for a party, and want to be able to use airplay so that all of the speakers are playing the same thing. Will these sync with my Airplay?
- Asked by Brenda L from Leonard
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these speakers work with airplay?)
3 Answers from the Community
unfortunately they will NOT work. That is indeed a great feature about AirPlay, being able to stream the same high quality lossless digital audio simultaneously to multiple speakers.
There are multiple brands of AirPlay speakers out there. iHome has 3 solutions within Apple.com. They have 3 models ( iW4 is a 30 pin docking clock radio with AirPlay and iW1 and iW3 are just speakers. The iW3 comes in 3 colors: black,silver, red) that are lithium-ion rechargeable, making them a true wireless speaker. All models are particularly easy to set-up on your network because iHome has a free connect app on the App store to help get you setup.
- Answered by Michael L from Norfolk
- May 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use these speakers with my airplay network. Simply plug the 1/8" jack into the airport express and voila, you have connection to your airplay network. You will need an airport express to receive the wireless signal. These speakers are terrible however and only lasted a year before braking down & losing their ability to provide a clear and quality rendering of sound.
- Answered by David C from Osprey
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
- Answered by Toni L P from Streator
- May 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Are there airplay speakers for in ceiling use?
- Asked by Glenn G from Georgetown
- Apr 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there airplay speakers for in ceiling use?)
- Asked about: iPod
No answers yet