How to switch between two paired devices?
Can anyone explain exactly how the Bluebuds X switch between two (already paired) devices? Say I'm currently listening to a podcast on my iPhone but now want to watch a video on my iPad. On my current BT headphones (Sony MW600) the switch has to be handled by the headset, not from the iOS devices. Which means fiddling around with a (very clunky) interface on the headset.
How exactly do you manage the transition with the Bluebuds? Do you simply toggle off Bluetooth on the iPhone (using the handy toggle in Control Centre, once iOS7 is available!) and then immediately find that you can connect the iPad to the Bluebuds via the Airplay button in the multitasking drawer (or alternatively from the Bluetooth menu in Settings)?
- Asked by Nicholas P
- Aug 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How to switch between two paired devices?)
2 Answers from the Community
While you are connected to the iPhone, all you have to do is go to your second device (iPad) and select BlueBudsX on the Bluetooth settings. BlueBuds X voice prompts will say "connection switched" and you can start using the iPad immediately. You don't need to do anything on the iPhone or BlueBuds X if they are already paired to both devices. Does that make sense?
- Answered by Melissa G from Salt Lake City
- Aug 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes this is exactly how you would switch between devices.
- Answered by Sayre G from Sandown
- Feb 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can this device be paired to two iphones and be connected to them both at the same time ?
- Asked by Muzaakir G from San Juan
- Jun 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can this device be paired to two iphones and be connected to them both at the same time ?)
- Asked about: Plantronics A170 Marque Bluetooth H…
Can you pair two speakers at the same time?
- Asked by Nicholas B from New York
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you pair two speakers at the same time?)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth Spe…
Can I pair two Bluetooth devices with my iPad 3? I have a Jot Touch stylus and was thinking of getting the wireless keyboard.
- Asked by N C from Coquitlam
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I pair two Bluetooth devices with my iPad 3? I have a Jot Touch stylus and was thinking of getting the wireless keyboard.)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English