How far can you go from your phone/music player before the signal cuts out?
I'm wondering how the bluetooth range is? I've heard you have to keep your phone really close to these...if you so much walk across a room, the sound will cut out...is that true? Bluetooth should go about 40 feet, shouldn't it? Also, does the signal go through walls? Thanks for any info.
- Asked by Ross H from Regina
- Flag as inappropriate (How far can you go from your phone/music player before the signal cuts out?)
2 Answers from the Community
I love walking around my house with these earbuds. Signal is clear up to 30 feet away. Sometimes I even forget I left my iPod inside and don't notice it until I'm all the way outside in my yard.
- Answered by Melissa G from Salt Lake City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Hmm... I've had mixed, but very consistent results. Check this out - If I have my iPhone in my back pocket, and I bend down on my knees to pick something up, the signal gets choppy, but doesn't drop. I've confirmed this several times. I wonder if it's because the angle of my body means the signal has to travel through a whole lot of body water by way of line-of-sight? I've also left my iPhone in my bedroom while cooking in the kitchen, about 20ish ft away without a single hiccup.
- Answered by Larry N from San Diego
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
how far will the Airport Express signal cover
- Asked by Bill H from Flushing
- Nov 14, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how far will the Airport Express signal cover)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
No answers yet
how high and far can this go?
- Asked by Charles B from Baltimore
- Nov 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how high and far can this go?)
- Asked about: Parrot Bebop Drone
How far away from the macbook can this go?
- Asked by Johnny M from Northport
- Mar 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How far away from the macbook can this go?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
No answers yet