Do these interfere with other bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors?
I use a Polar heart rate monitor when working out, so I'd like to use both of these devices at once.
- Asked by Shaun S from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these interfere with other bluetooth devices, like heart rate monitors?)
6 Answers from the Community
Bluetooth Headphones like these use an A2DP protocol to send sound to your device. Bluetooth 4.0 is used to connect devices such as heart monitors and pedometers. They don't interfere with each other so you'll be able to use both types at once without a problem.
- Answered by Russ P from Chippendale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use a Wahoo heart monitor with this at the same time. No interference.
- Answered by Aaron P from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I'm using a Polar HRM. Unfortunately, I experience a drop in connectivity and getting some noises. It is fine when I switch off the HRM. It also depends on where I hold my iPhone.
- Answered by Vincent Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
HI there -- OP here. I've actually been using my BlueBuds with a Wahoo TICKR X without an issue (I've abandoned the Polar). When I am on the bike, however, I have my TICKR X, RFLKT+ and a BlueSC, in addition to my BlueBuds. This renders the BlueBuds audio very choppy and pretty unusable. In this case, my iPhone 6 is in the back pocket of my jersey. When running with my TICKR alone, and the phone in my SPIBELT waistpack, I don't have an issue.
- Answered by Shaun S from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I've noticed some issues using those exact earbuds and a wahoo HR monitor. I'm debating on whether it is my phone (iPhone 5) or the HR monitor. My runs begin with crazy HR readings and then taper off to more normal readings after a few miles. Without the headphones it has been smoother, but I've missed music in my ears instead of from my arm. Strangely enough, when I first purchased the wahoo everything was gravy. I'm thoroughly confused now.
- Answered by Brent M from Springville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes they do. When I use them together with my Polar RCX5 and there's no way to get a normal HR reading. I've tried several of Polar's different heart rate sensors with no success so far, so in my case it is one or the other!
Any advice from you guys??
- Answered by Hernan I from Riverside
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Wahoo Fitness TICKR RUN Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor do you need your phone with you when running
- Asked by Dan N from Bradford
- Apr 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Wahoo Fitness TICKR RUN Bluetooth Heart Rate Monitor do you need your phone with you when running)
- Asked about: Wahoo Fitness TICKR RUN Bluetooth/A…
When i run i use a BT Polar heart rate monitor. Can I use both at same time?
- Asked by German M from Cancun
- Dec 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (When i run i use a BT Polar heart rate monitor. Can I use both at same time?)
- Asked about: Beats PowerBeats2 Wireless In-Ear H…