Is it compatible with FaceTime/Skype calls on my iPad 2?
- Asked by Tom B from Welland
- Dec 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it compatible with FaceTime/Skype calls on my iPad 2?)
1 Answer from the Community
yes it is.
It works same as regular bluetooth phone calls where you see your audio options to switch device. But the pain point is, the JBL (Or any mic/speaker device) should be closer to your ipad/iphone while doing facetime/skype calls. This is how I used it.
I called my parents in facetime while my iphone is connected to JBL. You will see audio options in place where you have mute button. (bottom left) When you select that you can either choose "speaker" which used ipad/iphones speaker and mic, or choose JBL then it used JBL's speaker and mic.
The speaker is not right next to me but within 3 feet away from where I was sitting. While I could hear my parents alright, they said my voice lagged when I spoke. I switched my audio to "Speaker" then they could hear me alright.
I wish I could use iphone/ipad mic alone instead of JBL's mic and speaker coz you will have to keep both phone and speaker closer to you when you speak to avoid lag. I do skype calls from my samsung TV where I sit atleast 5-6 feet away from my TV, and never had voice lag.
Great speaker for the price your pay.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Yokesh K from Los Angeles
- Mar 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
if you have line2 installed on your ipad, are these compatable to answer and receive calls with the ipad?
- Asked by Amy H from Jenks
- Nov 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (if you have line2 installed on your ipad, are these compatable to answer and receive calls with the ipad?)
- Asked about: Bose® MIE2i Mobile Headset
Can I call cell phones from my IPAD 2
- Asked by Nelson E. G from Los Angeles
- Jun 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I call cell phones from my IPAD 2)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet
It is compatible with my iPad 2 accessories?
- Asked by Nancy A from Cairo
- Dec 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (It is compatible with my iPad 2 accessories?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter