how easy/difficult is this unit to install?
- Asked by Paul C from Philadelphia
- Nov 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how easy/difficult is this unit to install?)
1 Answer from the Community
The Nest Learning Thermostat is very easy to install. It even comes with a screwdriver!
Here are the steps you should follow AFTER turning off all power to anything HVAC related:
1. Take off the faceplate of your old thermostat using the included screwdriver.
2. Use the provided labels to label the wiring running to your thermostat. This will be sure that you connect Nest the proper way to your system. (If you look closely, there should be identifiers engraved or printed on your existing thermostat.
3. After labeling, remove your old thermostat.
4. Attach the back plate of the thermostat to the wall. You may need to use the existing wall brackets. Be sure to pull your old write through the middle of the back plate. Use the level on the backplate to ensure everything's straight!
5. Attach labeled wires to their correct position on the Nest backplate by pressing down on the tab and inserting the wire.
6.Press the Nest thermostat onto the backplate
7. Turn everything back on.
If you followed these steps correctly the thermostat should power on and guide you through the setup.
*Keep in mind these are my personal instructions that I remember going through when installing my Nest. These are meant as a guide and those installing should use the instructions included with your Nest. Hope this helps!
- Answered by Matthew W from Hickory Hills
- Dec 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How much power does the unit use? (Use rather than control)
- Asked by Mark E from Hornsby Heights
- Jan 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How much power does the unit use? (Use rather than control))
- Asked about: Belkin WeMo Switch
What do you have to do to install it
- Asked by Robert M from Houston
- Oct 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What do you have to do to install it)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
No answers yet
Can you lay the time capsule on its side on top of a unit?
- Asked by Paul T
- Aug 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you lay the time capsule on its side on top of a unit?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB