Can I leave the battery on continuous charge?
- Asked by Donald C from Matthews
- Dec 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I leave the battery on continuous charge?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes. I think so. The charge light does go off when the unit is fully charged. But here is my thinking and I am not sure: I doubt it is a smart charger in the sense that I think it will still consume power when the Flip is fully charged. My understanding is some smarter chargers (e.g. the newer generation iPad ones) will cut off or greatly reduce its power consumption when the device is fully charged. So when I am not sure, I turn off my power bar to avoid wasting electricity to feed the power supply unnecessary.
- Answered by Kempton L from Calgary
- Jan 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have been leaving it charging all the time. I bought it a few months ago. But now that you brought up this question, I wonder if that would lessen the battery life. Have you found the answer to this question yet? Thanks.
- Answered by Christina B from San Diego
- Aug 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will leaving iPhone in the cradle after full charge cause battery damage?
- Asked by Winston Z from Richmond
- Feb 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will leaving iPhone in the cradle after full charge cause battery damage?)
- Asked about: Apple iPhone 4 Dock
Can I leave the batteries in the charger until needed without them over charging?
- Asked by Peter M from Bristol
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I leave the batteries in the charger until needed without them over charging?)
- Asked about: Apple Battery Charger
Does it hurt to leave ipad charging in dock all the time
- Asked by Loretta R from Guelph
- Jan 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it hurt to leave ipad charging in dock all the time)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Dock