what is lighting connector
- Asked by Vicki H from Fort Bragg
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is lighting connector)
- Asked about: Bose SoundDock® Series III Digital …
2 Answers from the Community
Lightening connector is the new charger for the iPhone 5, the iPod Touch 5, and the iPad 4. It connects to the bottom of the device, like the old one, but this one is smaller and charges at a much faster rate. Also, It doesn't matter which side it faces as you connect it to the device.
I have all 3 of theses devices and I love the lightening charger. After I got the iTouch 5, I upgraded the iPad and the iPhone just for the lightening connector.
- Answered by Marisol F from San Francisco
- Feb 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Lightning is an external connector / interface on iPad4 : used for usb, av hdmi, vga and also docking and charging.
Related / similar interfaces are the Thunderbolt video connector for Minimacs and notebook ccomputers.
- Answered by Roger B from Lakeside
- Jun 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is there any adapters for the iPad mini ? For the lighting connector to SD card
- Asked by Edward W T from Montrose
- Aug 26, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there any adapters for the iPad mini ? For the lighting connector to SD card)
- Asked about: iPad
Does it come with the lighting connector or 30-pin?
- Asked by Lionel W
- Aug 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it come with the lighting connector or 30-pin?)
- Asked about: Withings Wireless Blood Pressure Mo…