is this the correct firewire cable to connect a vintage iMac to a new iMac?
Our 5 year old iMac is dead and we need to transfer some files to our new iMac we know we need a thunderbolt adaptor but were just wondering if this is correct firewire cable.
1 Answer from the Community
It sounds like you are having the same problem as me. I have a new iMac arriving in a couple of days and I'll be upgrading from a 10 year old iMac. My research prior to buying showed me that the new Macs don't have Firewire they only have thunderbolt. I bought the thunderbolt to firewire adaptor but it just arrived and the firewire end is not compatible since the firewire on the Mac is 10 years old. So it appears to me that you and I both will need this firewire adaptor and will then need to plug it into a thunderbolt adaptor which plugs into the new Mac. Lots of luck.
- Answered by Helen M from Joplin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How can i connect my Sony camcorder with HDMI output to my MacBookPro, Dec 2010 vintage
- Asked by Rod E from Chubbuck
- Apr 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i connect my Sony camcorder with HDMI output to my MacBookPro, Dec 2010 vintage)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI to HDMI Cable 1.8 m
What cable do I need to connect my old Sony camcorder(s-video output) to the firewire 800 port on my new imac
- Asked by Simon T from Fullerton
- Jan 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my old Sony camcorder(s-video output) to the firewire 800 port on my new imac)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?
- Asked by Stephen M
- Jul 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…