Can Dragon be used for the iPad?
My father is disabled and need voice activated software to use a computer. Is there voice activated software available for the iPad?
- Asked by Brenda C from Washington
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Dragon be used for the iPad?)
2 Answers from the Community
Brenda, I don't think they're compatible, but if you're still interested (this is two months after your original post) I'd recommend investigating a little more. The Dragon description states: "Capture your notes on-the-go using ... iPad ... with the free Dragon Recorder app. Dragon Dictate will transcribe your recordings when you're back at your Mac." That implies, to me, that the iPad can't use Dragon Dictate directly. Also, the software states a requirement for Mac OS X v10.7 or v10.8, while the iPad uses iOS (I think they're up to iOS 6 now). I suspect iOS is not equivalent to OS X. One way or another, I hope you find something that works well for your dad!
- Answered by Karen W from Iowa City
- Dec 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
it says on the description that it does.
- Answered by Kamila S from San Jose
- Nov 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Headset work with an ipad for using Dragon Dictate?
- Asked by Dorothy C
- Oct 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth Headset work with an ipad for using Dragon Dictate?)
- Asked about: Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetoot…
I need a laptop that runs well when using Dragon Naturally speaking and kurzweil. Is there a Mac that can do that?
- Asked by Sarah A from Waiton
- Apr 10, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a laptop that runs well when using Dragon Naturally speaking and kurzweil. Is there a Mac that can do that?)
- Asked about: Mac