What happens if hipKey battery dies, bluetooth disconnects or power is turned off?
What kind of failsafe protection is there? Say, for example, the hipKey is on a child and the iPhone is monitoring in Child/Alarm (proximity) mode, and any of the following happen:
1 - The hipKey battery runs out or simply fails?
2 - The bluetooth connection is lost (it happens, interference, etc)?
3 - The child or an abductor simply turns the hipKey off before going beyond alarm range?
- Asked by Rory J from Mississauga
- Jan 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What happens if hipKey battery dies, bluetooth disconnects or power is turned off?)
1 Answer from the Community
First of all the likelihood of hipKey powering down without pre-warning is very little.
The battery last for many weeks, and in the App there is a hipKey battery indicator, that warns the user when it is time to recharge hipKey. Even when the hipKey app is running in the back-ground the user will still be notified when it is time for hipKey to be charged.
Answers to the specific scenarios:
1): In case one of the three modes are ON (Alarm Mode, Child Mode or Motion Mode) an alarm is activated on iPhone / iPad. In case all three modes are OFF but hipKey is still connected to iPhone / iPad (the Find Me feature is active), no alarm is activated on iPhone / iPad.
2) Same as 1)
3) If Child Mode is ON and hipKey is turned off an Alarm is activated on iPhone / iPad.
- Answered by Hippih I
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
If your battery dies while out and you do not have the mop hie with you, can you attach it and receive power to use your cell?
- Asked by Patricia A from Linwood
- Dec 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (If your battery dies while out and you do not have the mop hie with you, can you attach it and receive power to use your cell?)
- Asked about: mophie Juice Pack Air for iPhone 5/…
Philips WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker
- Asked by Tor P from Houston
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Philips WeCall Bluetooth Conference Speaker)
- Asked about: Philips WeCall Bluetooth Conference…
my battery died can i do something?
- Asked by Lory H from Coral Gables
- Jan 22, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (my battery died can i do something?)
- Asked about: Rechargeable Battery - 15-inch MacB…
No answers yet