Is this drive optimised for use with Final Cut Pro?
I have had a Lacie thunderbolt drive before that just stopped rendering. I notice that G Drives have some sort of optimisation with Final cut Pro. Is this the case with this drive? I would like a portable thunderbolt drive for use with this program.
- Asked by Manjir S
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this drive optimised for use with Final Cut Pro?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.…
1 Answer from the Community
With thunderbolt connection, drive is as fast as an internal HDD. This is a very fast drive.
For even faster performance there is the SSD version.
Nothing really to optimize. Works fine with FCP and FCP X as long as it is formatted as Mac OS Extended. Don't use MS-DOS/PC format. That's really the only optimization.
Also, only desktop G-drives have Thunderbolt connection; no portable solutions.
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Dec 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
final cut pro with external hard drive
- Asked by Max R
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (final cut pro with external hard drive)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
does it work with final cut pro
- Asked by Erik O from Floreat, Perth
- Nov 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (does it work with final cut pro)
- Asked about: Apple Magic Mouse
Can the resulting clips be imported to Final Cut Pro X?
- Asked by Peter S
- Nov 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the resulting clips be imported to Final Cut Pro X?)
- Asked about: Elgato Video Capture