is this drive bootable via Thunderbolt?
- Asked by David C W from Atlanta
- Oct 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is this drive bootable via Thunderbolt?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Thunderbolt/USB 3.…
3 Answers from the Community
You can use Disk Utility System Restore or Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your internal hard drive or any bootable volume to the Rugged.
It will be able to boot your modern Intel based Mac whether connected via USB 3.0, USB2.0, or Thunderbolt.
- Answered by Mike M from Beaverton
- Oct 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
yes if you format it right for the mac.
- Answered by Maxwell H from Woodland
- Mar 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes it is and it works awesome.
- Answered by Robert M from Helotes
- Jul 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Is this drive bootable from my MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Terry D from Big Lake
- Apr 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this drive bootable from my MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Rugged Hard Drive Triple …
Can this drive be made a partitioned and bootable drive?
- Asked by George G from Campbell
- May 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this drive be made a partitioned and bootable drive?)
- Asked about: Seagate 2TB Backup Plus USB 3.0 Des…